Saturday, January 15, 2005

World peace

Im afraid my worst date has got to do with world peace. We met on a blind date because some computer thought we were compatible and because I just broke up and was eager to take my attention off it. In other words, I was lonely and desperate and wanted some attention.

Unlike metria’s date, mine was the clean cut, spectacle wearing, normal looking guy that without your lenses, you can even count in as cute. We started off perfectly normal, getting to know each other, asking polite questions, answering from time to time with a tinge of humour. In any romance movie, this is how good things start.. Or as Barbara Streisand sings in “I finally found someone”, it started over coffee.. Well, mine started at coffee but somehow ended when we decided to order for dinner.

I thought of being nice and recommended the chef’s choice to him, the steak. He asked me, “Is that beef?”.

That was how it all started. He went on to explain his religious background and that he WAS a serious follower of his religion and God. To that, I said I totally understand and I was not going to judge him or runaway because he didn’t favor cows for chows. Unfortunately, the conversation on religion did not stop there. He was on a roll. He started explaining to me why and how he became so religious.

Apparently, just earlier on, he was possessed by something of the 4th dimension, yeah a female ghost. How did his family know he was possessed? One day, he came home from work and took a looooong nap. He never woke up for days until his mother finally got worried. Instead of sending him to the doctor, ofcourse, a medium was asked for. And what does the medium say? Ofcourse, he was possessed by a ghost. So the ‘Exorcist’ episode took place right here itself in Petaling Jaya.

There we sat in the middle of the quiet restaurant busy with other patrons, my dear date would disguise his voice pretending to be the spirit and SHOUTED at his mom and sometimes he pretended to be the medium that ORDERED the ghost out of his body, along with all sound effects imaginable. I must say, that night was truly sensational. Did I tell you that he was possessed twice? Yep, the 2nd time, he was made the follower of the 4 faced Buddha and was taught to go into trance. And till today, sometimes the 4 faced Buddha would possess him at random times. Upon hearing that, I quickly started to pray to whichever God possible to stop the 4 faced Buddha from possessing him now. The last trophy grabbing piece was ofcourse, that ever since his two times Exorcist experiences, now, he is totally freed. His soul goes to heaven every year for 2 weeks to pray for world peace with the rest of the Heavenly Gods. I felt obliged to thank him.

When I left home earlier for the date, I thought if I was lucky, I might have a pleasant night out of a get-to-know-you session. What I didn’t expect was a night of Korean, Japanese, Thai and Chinese horror movies bundled together in the package of a first date in a chic little restaurant in the heart of town. I must say, of all first dates. This guy gets the trophy for telling all the ‘right’ stories and saying the ‘right’ things. If you think u've been on bad dates, well, read my story again. I think i invented them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home