Thursday, March 02, 2006

NL Diaries: Bikini frenzy!

Sunday, June 26, 2005

2nd day in the land of the dykes and windmills. By the way, it seems that no one here has ever heard of the story where a boy saved the whole country by stuffing his thumb into a hole of a leaking dyke. I guess if that ever took place, they would have made a movie out of it by now, the story all played up with the boy having a lover as well. The same time he was standing there with his finger in the hole, his lover is waiting for him at the train station and they were to elope that same day. Failing to do so, the girl will have to return to her poor village and be married to the tycoon’s disabled son, who’ll probably fit the great looks of Uriah Heep in Charles Dicken’s David Copperfield. So there he stands, deciding whether to rejoin his lover at the train station or stand there responsible to stop the dyke from leaking. While he was thinking, a single tear drop runs down his cheek…..

Ok, enough of exhibiting my script writing talents, let’s get back to the real world here. And today, it’s bikini world! I remember Metria mentioned in her blog recently that she was being utterly unreasonable to Mr. D for some strange PMS reasons? Really? Let me tell you what is REALLY unreasonable. Planting your husband behind a loooong queue of women anticipating to try on their bikinis in a middle of a ladies’ lingerie store. I mean, what was I supposed to do? I needed to scout the shelves for great buys and yet find the fastest route into the changing rooms. (By the way, to Narrrling’s deepest regrets, we managed to find an air-conditioned store, about 60kms away from home.)

After flipping through practically every 2 piece, pink, white, blue, striped, floral, halter top, bra top, tube top, I finally narrowed down about 20 pieces I wanted to try. And since I could only try 5 pieces at a time, I almost shove another 5 pieces to Narrrling so that he can get his own tag and join me in the changing room… It took me a few seconds to realize that it probably won’t work. First of all, the lady guarding the changing room will notice that he won’t fit into them, plus it will then look too much like a replay of the “Itchy private parts girl asking me to get medication for her” episode. So I had to part with a few pieces, especially those which I think won’t compliment my fat butt and mini-breasts too much.

Bikinis nowadays are getting smaller and skimpier by the year. I won’t be surprised when someday some wacko designer will simply design some floral nipple stickers and label them the latest summer swimwear. By then you’ll find bikinis in stationery stores, alongside the children stickers and stamps. So those thoughts were good enough excuses for me to try harder filling my shopping bags with a couple more practical bikinis of today and Narrrling, being himself is such a darling, who doesn’t need emotional blackmail to stand behind a loooong queue for me. Though a couple of times I found him staring at the ground, shifting foot from side to side, he almost looked like a naturel when it comes to standing in line, holding a few bikinis in hand for me while I grab more. Thanks, Narrrling… You’re a super duper hubby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home