Monday, April 10, 2006

A Life out of the Ordinary

Sometimes I think my life is quite the ordinary just like everyone else’s, I never get chance meetings with aliens, I don’t have a 3rd eye to see spirits(not that I want to), I don’t have gifts to talk to animals, nothing out of this world ever really happens to me… but yet, I have people like Beng and Narrrling around me.

I was chatting with Beng this morning on MSN chat and somehow our topic of conversations drifted to his old days while he was still studying at Oxford.

I typed into my chat, “Beng, I bet all those years you were in the UK, you NEVER saw a single musical play, did you?”

Without hesitation, he replied, “I did, I did, I saw a few in fact..”

“What was it called? Name one. Don’t lie ok”

To this, Beng’s answer popped up on my MSN chat screen, “Swan Leg”

Seeing those words, the first thought that crossed my mind was, “What kind of name for a musical is that? Must be a comedy musical of some sort?” So I asked Beng, “What was it about?”

Beng said, “Oh, it’s a ballet”

“My Goodness, did y ou mean Swan LAKE?”

OMG, what’s next, Beng? Miss Saigon becomes Mist of Saigon? Phantom of the Opera becomes Phantom of the Soap Opera? Starlight Express becomes Starbucks Espresso? SWAN LEG?? Hahahahahahaha…. If you say nothing out of the ordinary ever happens to me, I’d say having an out of this world slapstick like Beng around me really makes up for it.

Then there is Narrrling and his usual funny conducts. We were coming home from dinner earlier this evening and Narrrling once again fell into one of his funny role playing habits, pretending to be some guy checking out my butt from behind.

So yeah, I walked all the way back from the elevator lift to our doorstep with Narrrling behind me, whistling and making lip-smacking noises at my butt(I wonder what the neighbours must think). After coming into the house, I walked straight to my dressing room to change into something comfortable and the ‘pervert in disguise’ naturally follows me. When in the room, I thought, why not join the game and seductively said to Narrrling, “Come and get me, baby” and stripped off my top...

Upon seeing me pull off my blouse, Narrrling suddenly said, “WHAT? You’re a GIRL??! DAMN! I thought you’re a man! A total waste of my time!” and he stomped off…

Left me stunted for 3 seconds before i started laughing... hahahahahah… but ahem, yeah, a bit weird, my hubby,huh? Did I tell you that Narrrling is very versatile when it comes to role-playing?… Today he’s playing a pervert, tomorrow he’s playing a gay pervert. One moment he’s a car running me down as a roadkill, another moment he’s himself, the Unix/Linux geek trying to install something strange called Ubuntu onto his computer (geek stuff!)

So you see, who says you need to meet Big Foot and Nessy to live a life out of the ordinary?

1 Comments:

At 4/13/2006 04:21:00 AM, Blogger Sangeeta said...

Beng doesn't know play names? That's very surprising. I thought he's the cultured type ...

Life with Narrrling sounds very interesting - you never know what to expect each day. Wish Mr D would be as creative :) But he's too busy watching tv most of the time.

Maybe if I dressed up as a TV I'd get his undevoted attention.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home