Monday, January 08, 2007

Bear & Brad..

Pooh! Pooh! All the hours of internet researching and camera manual reading cannot compare to a 2 minute casual tip from a real professional. I did it! I made Teddy's background go blurr, giving him just a tad more attention compared to Brad in the blurred background...



To those who wants to know how this is done, very important is that you have to first repeat after me, "To hell with all the manuals and internet research! TOTAL waste of TIME!!"...

Then give yourself 2 seconds to cool down, reach out for that camera of yours and do the following... just select the AV (Aperture Priority) feature on your camera and numerically adjust it to as low as u can (2.7 or about there)... walk as far away from your object as possible... focus and zoom in to your object using your camera's zoom feature... make sure the background of your object is as far away as possible.. then snap your picture.. as easy as that! Cheers! Congratulate me! My first new year resolution fulfilled!

7 Comments:

At 1/10/2007 06:15:00 AM, Blogger Sangeeta said...

Wah you so clever!! I immediately tried to do the same but I can't find that AV feature on my camera :(

 
At 1/10/2007 09:17:00 AM, Blogger Miki-C said...

I bet you didn't shout loud loud, "To hell with all the manuals and internet research! TOTAL waste of TIME!!"...

That's why cannot find lar..

 
At 1/11/2007 10:15:00 AM, Blogger n.emator said...

Meh.. Within 2 minutes, I found this on HP's website by simply searching for "photo blur background focus"

http://www.hp.ca/portal/hho/dpc/take_photos/capture_close-ups.php

It mentions setting the aperture priority, and also mentions using the macro mode when there is enough light (so don't have to walk so far........)

And it also gives a tip that you should be at the same height as the object.

You need to take Google 101 lessons from me :) Nah, just kidding! Just wanted to point out that it's easy.

 
At 1/11/2007 11:21:00 AM, Blogger Miki-C said...

Wah, sifu.. Didn't think of going to a HP site to look at photography tips though... I need to practice an open mind too!

 
At 1/12/2007 12:24:00 PM, Blogger Asther said...

Hahaha... Congrates girl! Wana come out for a photography shoot practice? Flora Fest just starting... ;) If I got any photo-shoot outing, u can always join me. Sometimes into the city, sometimes to the nature parks, etc. How bout that?

 
At 1/12/2007 01:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HeyU!! Like ur new picture. That photo of the bear is also nice.

 
At 1/12/2007 04:05:00 PM, Blogger Miki-C said...

Hey asther, yes! I think i would love that! Except i am not in the amateur level but the SUPER amateur level. My flowers might end up looking just like flowers and nothing special.. :P

Let me know when's your next photography session. Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home