Friday, January 04, 2008

Look like Who?

You notice when somebody has a baby, the first thing the friends or relatives try to point out is whom the baby looks like? Whether it’s the father or the mother or the grandmother, or the mother’s brother..etc… In our case, since Mini-N is born out of mix parentage of asian and caucasian, people are even more keen to point that out, even strangers in the streets walking by, you can hear them commenting, “Eh, faster come and see. Mix baby! Wah, this one look more like ang-mo”.

With Mini-N, it was all quite interesting. When he was born and was a few minutes old, Narrrling took this picture of him and sent it out to friends and relatives around the world. The responses that came back was, “Wah, Mini-N looks like mummy!”



Then I overheard my dad on the phone talking to my sis saying, “Mini-N ah, look like Miki-C. Mouth big big, nose big big, face big big…”

Errmm.. I was on epidural and all that, but I wasn’t so blurr that I’d find those complimenting. Beng, my best friend, being fashionably gay and all that, as expected was always brutally blunt with it. He said, “Honestly ah, your Mini-N look like an alien monster lar. I think look like you lar.”

Hallloooo?... Since when did I start looking like a monster? ALIEN MONSTER some more, ok..

In laws who saw the photo in the Netherlands, also said in unison, “Look like Miki-C”

Then 2 months passed by and now, Mini-N looks like this.


Suddenly, now people say he looks like daddy? “Wah so cute, the skin soooo fair, the eyes so nice. This one definitely look like daddy..”

Unfair! When Mini-N looks like alien monster, he looks like me, when Mini-N look cute and all that, he looks like daddy. Apalar!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home