Monday, January 15, 2007

With Walls Thinner than you Think they Are..

Narrrling have lived in our current home for the past 4 years and me, for the last 1 and a half years. I've always felt that we lived in a super high quality condominium. I've always thought to myself, "Wah, the walls must be so thick. It's always been peaceful and silent living here. I've never heard any of my neighbours before, regardless of nextdoor, downstairs, upstairs whether with children or single or with old folks. The walls must be so thick, good enough to keep all our privacy within our walls. Great! Perfect!."

So in my last 1 and a half years here, I let myself go... A small tickle leads to a SUPER loud laugh.. A small smack on my hand leads to a SUPER loud scream... Boy i've screamed... Not out of passionate love making or anything of the sort but out of the smallest trivial thing, like Narrrling jumping out in front of me, Narrrling staying in the bathroom too long, Narrrling putting my pendant necklace on his head and calling himself a Starchild and me the Starbuck... All these time i've lived here, I've never heard a single sound from any of my neighbours. Until recently...

My neighbour upstairs moved in. It started with us hearing things being moved around in the middle of the night. We heard footsteps directly overhead, running, walking and people pushing back their chairs. Then it got worse, things would drop suddenly in the middle of the night and Narrrling and I would wake up suprised. Or sometimes, our neighbours above would sound like they're doing aerobics and we hear a consistent stomping noise... Noises like these happens ocassionally and we've always dismissed them without really registering what it means.. But yet, this noise got more and more frequent, and constantly starting only late at night..

The story then takes us to last night... Narrrling and I had a Nip Tuck marathon last weekend. We watched the whole season 3 of Nip Tuck, one after another over the weekend and by Sunday night, we were both convinced that plastic surgery is the way to go ahead and getting a liposuction is as normal as waxing our armpit.. As we were trying to outdo each other with how many kilo of fats we could each suck out of our bulging middle, the noise upstairs started again. The usual furniture dragging, things falling on the ground suddenly with a loud thud thud thud and then some consistent stomping noise like they've suddenly decided to do aerobics in the middle of the night...

We both looked up irritated and I started complaining about them. After about a minute of old lady's ranting and complaining, we both forgot about the earlier topic of liposuction and decided to go to bed.. I got up and walked to my dressing room to prepare for bed.. As i started smacking on my night cream, I noticed that the noise from upstairs is much clearer and louder from this room. That was when i heard for the first time, in between the loud stompings, there was a lighter sound.. I thought it sounded very much... like... a.... like...a.... Whip!

OH MY GOD! They're having an S & M party up there!! I called out to Narrrling and told him what i thought it was... and to my suprise, Narrrling came in with a very serious look and an empty glass which he pressed to the wall! Then, very carefully he pressed his ear to the edge of the glass...I was left stunned for a few minutes when i saw Narrrling standing by the wall with his ears on a glass like a PROFESSIONAL snoop...

After a while, i thought, "Damn!" I ran outside and got myself a glass too and ran back into the room and pressed it to the wall next to Narrrling... Upon putting my ears in position, i heard music, some trance music.. then once in a while, some moaning-ish kind of sound that weren't too loud but loudest of all, the consistent thumping... Narrrling and I stood with our ears to the wall for a while and then got bored because all we heard was the same thing over and over again... With our imaginations running wild, we both decided to go to bed... Above us in our own bedroom, we heard yet another set of loud thumping coming from above... Narrrling went, "Another one?"..

"Must be an orgy!" Jokingly i continued, "You want to go upstairs and join them?"

Narrrling's face suddenly lighted up all too fast and said, "What if i went upstairs and found a group of girls wearing a strap-on doing each other because there was not enough men?"

I stared at Narrrling and said in an artificial tone, "Wow, wouldn't that be JUST your lucky day??!!"

At that, Narrrrling suddenly realised what he had just said out loud and and snapped out of his fantasy... I laughed very hard and Narrrling grew deep red in the face... What a way to discover your hubby's wildest fantasy!...

The night went on and so did the thudding and thumping and humping.. At some point, some people must be reaching a climax because it got REALLY loud and then silence... The party probably ended about 2 am.. The thudding and thumping went on for a whopping 2 hours plus... Boy, that must have been some wild night for those girls and their strap ons......Can i get an invitation the next time around?

The moral of the story is, beware, walls are always thinner than you think they are.. and the most ordinary people can one day suprise you with their hidden talent and aspirations, what with Narrrling and the professional glass snooping method and girls with strap ons... I need to sit down...

5 Comments:

At 1/15/2007 05:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my family's apartment, we used to hear noises like furniture being dragged around upstairs, and it would usually be late at night. Always thought it was really weird. Maybe there were S&M parties happening there too... or maybe some bored hantu doing house redecoration.

Hey if the noise came from upstairs, how come you can hear it if you put a glass to the wall instead of the ceiling?

 
At 1/16/2007 07:09:00 AM, Blogger Kamigoroshi said...

When I used to live in the dorm, some of the beds between rooms are placed against the wall beside each other. So yes, I'm pretty sure that my dorm mate wasn't doing Aerobics.

Also in another campus accommodation a year or two later, despite the thick brick walls, we found out just how much sound the central air conditioning/heater can carry. But then again I paid back the favour when a friend of mine came to visit.

 
At 1/16/2007 09:21:00 AM, Blogger SU3 said...

I have this creepy feeling in me that there is a cult sect. gathering every nite there....woooooo!!!!!

And it's really funny of ur Narrling to do that glass snooping actions of his. This is another side of him i'm starting to get to know...:)

 
At 1/16/2007 12:29:00 PM, Blogger Miki-C said...

Metria, when i started hearing noise upstairs, i immediately remembered ur stories about the hantus upstairs.. hehe.. but then later Narrrling confirmed that a new single mat salleh moved in upstairs..

Kamigoroshi, when you said you paid back the favor, you mean you had an S & M party? woo hoo!..

Su3, if it's a cult meeting ah, then must be a cult where they believe they're all jesus christ so that they can whip each other throughout the night..

 
At 1/22/2007 12:40:00 PM, Blogger anjali* said...

Maybe it's Sting and Trudi that moved upstairs and they were just doing their 3X weekly tantric stuffs. Woo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home