Thursday, March 02, 2006

Light at the End of the Tunnel

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I have meant to blog about my job since a very long time ago. But everytime I think about blogging about it, I wonder how exactly honest I can be with myself as I often worry about being recognized by certain someones in the office, who will not hesitate to circulate the stories around , just so that they can sit back and watch a bit of action. Ok, let’s give this topic a try and I’ll try my best to go easy on the censorship.

Many people who don’t know me very well, would envy what I’m doing now. I’m a manager in a multinational company known to be able to withstand economy quakes of all richter scales, a company known to reward its employees with good remuneration packages, and hiring only the cream of the crop, mostly their own scholars. And yet it puzzles me why that in this same place, I recruited the most bimbos into my club. And Chantella and Metria are living examples of my recruits.

Given a glamorous title and an intimidating job description when I first joined, I spent the first few months picking up exactly what I had to do. After that, life was like a breeze. Doing my work for the first time might be a challenge, 2nd time might still be a personal interest but when it came to 3rd and 4th, it became totally mundane and boring. At the same time, I had an immense amount of freedom and free time. In the beginning, I enjoyed the freedom, glorifying myself for being able to live the true bimbo life at last, enjoying the luxury of delivering work quickly with no sweat, lots of time to plan holidays, read papers, surf up on diet plans, recruit bimbos…. but after 2 years of breezing, I guess I am finally getting tired of doing almost nothing at all for at least 8 hours a day. After all, how many diet plans can one find on the internet? Enough is enough.

As much as I want to remain a bimbo, as long as I am still in the rat race, I’d at least like to be working on something that keeps my brain going and not forgetting keep time running fast in the office. I hate looking at that little time indicator at the bottom right of my monitor finding it not to have changed at all. I guess being stuck with a non-challenging job that requires me to be productive only 20% of the time really does make me feel like life is meaningless. Very frustrating indeed.

I use to be a Project Manager in my previous company. Although I’m not sure if I was ever a good PM, but at least I found my life more profound and deep and meaningful. My life was colourful and I had a heartbeat.

Now, my life is a balance between finding entertainment on the web and appearing to look busy at the same time. Yet, pay can be lucrative, status might be good and most important of all, I am still deemed as a performer by my boss, though grudgingly because she knows the ‘great’ amount of work I have on my plate. So how exactly do I embrace myself to move on? I need more courage than normal to take the risk of letting go of this familiar routine a.k.a comfort zone to join a possible roller coaster ride.

I’ve been getting depressed thinking about my job for a while now because I couldn’t see a light at the end of the tunnel. When I couldn’t stand it anymore, I finally took the courage to inform my boss that I am looking out for other positions within the organization. Very grudgingly again, my boss has to allow one of her grudgingly performing staff to move on. Now I finally see the light so wish the bimbo luck, cos sometimes, bimbos want to climb the corporate ladder too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home