Thursday, March 02, 2006

Nothing's changed

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

It is lunchtime here now. Bimbos like me spend it mostly on munching protein diet food of chicken and tomatoes while surfing up on things. My usual routine, go to http://www.thestar.com.my/ to catch up on local news, go to http://www.maybank2u.com.my/ to see if my bank’s savings account balance have somewhat miraculously increased, go to msn messenger to see if my hubby has time to entertain me. Hmmm?... what’s so strange about the last sentence again? Was it the fact that a bimbo actually reads the papers? Was it about me checking up on the bank balance everyday? Or was it the simple word, “hubby”. Whoa! Wait a minute! I have a hubby now? Since when? That’s right! Must be during that time last week while I was dreaming. But it wasn’t a dream, was it? It’s for real! I’m married! Yeah, memory lapses like these have been happening over and over again in my head for the past week. I guess it takes a while to finally have the idea sink in that I am finally married after almost 29 years of being single.

Many have asked me how’s life as a married woman. Some expect me to say, “Oh, I’ve risen to ninth heaven and I float everywhere I go now because the feeling of being married makes me feel totally divine.”

While the less optimistic group expected me to say, “You know what? That son of a %#%#* finally revealed his horns now that we’re married. He expects me to wash his underwear every night under a running tap with my bare hands. After that I have to wash, vacuum and wax his car outside in the dark.”

So it often springs a surprise when I say, “Nothing. Nothing’s changed at all.” Our lives still seem to be the same. Last weekend was spent playing ‘Psychonauts’, a new addictive X-box game we bought recently. In the midst of killing the Lungfish, the Censors, the Tigers, the wailing bombs, I bet I didn’t even have brain space to remember my own name. Neither did we spend all day and all night locked up in our bedroom doing what rabbits like to do because it is finally legal. I guess the only difference is that now I’m sure to have someone I love by my side for the rest of my life and not forgetting a layer of concrete over the garden.

Our registration in Putrajaya took place last Wednesday on the 25th of May 2005 and I hope this blog will be kept alive, long enough to record my feelings now for my future children or even grandchildren to see.. It wasn’t a romance of stranded damsel in towers nor rescuing gallant knight of shiny armours. It wasn’t a fairy tale of a handsome prince and beautiful slave girl. But it was a special kind of simple love that seems so natural, as if it has always been like this and will always remain like this. So nothing. Nothing’s changed at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home